Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Colony Hotel
in Kennebunkport, Maine
This incredible hotel was built in 1914. The atmosphere here is unbelievable. Have you ever seen the movie "Somewhere in Time" - you know the atmosphere that hotel had? The Colony Hotel has that same atmosphere! You can feel it the second you step onto the property! It just cannot be described!
Isn't it incredible?
Here is hubby sitting on one of the porches.
And here was another fun moment in Kennebunkport. President George Bush (the dad) has a summer home here. Actually, he has a peninsula. This whole little peninsula is gated off. There are three houses for secret service, and one long ranch-type house, and then this huge house is where the Bushes live. Very pretty!!
Right as we pulled up to look at it, President Bush came down to the water to get in his boat. The black boat is the secret service boat that went with him.
He is the one in this next boat with the baseball cap on. That was really fun to see him! We drove up at just the right time!
I will show you the things I bought next. Some new items and some items from a flea market we found. I had to control myself, though, because we were flying home, and only had one suitcase to check. Oh, how I was wishing for my Suburban!
Shannon

4 comments:

trash talk said...

Goody, I get to say Kennebunkport again! OK, I got a question...was the secret service supposed to be inconspicuous? They certainly stick out like a sore thumb, but maybe that's the deterrent? It is beautiful and I can't wait to see what you got!
Debbie

Jayne said...

My, oh my. So that's how the rich and famous live. I could do that!

What a gorgeous hotel. Hubby looked very cute sitting on the porch!

Looking forward to see what you hauled back home!

Jayne

LV said...

My, how I wish I could have been along for this trip. A beautiful place and your pictures are great. I really enjoyed your post and I thank you for dropping in on mine.

Alexandra said...

I still wish I could go there. It's beautiful, and you got some really great shots.
Next time it should be a family trip! ;)

Alexandra