Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Do you ever have trouble sleeping?

Well, I thought I would always post about projects I was working on in my house, or my flea market finds, etc. But I have been awake most of the night. Thinking. Wide awake. This seems to be one of the side effects of a hysterectomy. I mean, before my recent hysterectomy I was having trouble sleeping. I wake up a lot. Have to get up a lot. I eat. I read. I get on my computer. Sometimes I watch tv. This seems to be worse now - after my hysterectomy. And hot. I am always so hot!!!!!

Anyway, like I said I was awake most of the night last night. I kept closing my eyes. Trying to sleep. Close your eyes. Make them stay closed. Make them stay closed. But they just fly open. So while I was awake I was thinking a lot about one of my daughters, and praying for her. She is struggling with some things right now - being run down, some food allergy issues, being really tired and not feeling motivated, a job she hates, plus the stress of college (chemistry this summer), etc. I asked God to please give me wisdom to know how I could help her, and to pour Himself into her and give her strength, wisdom, protection, etc. The things He has impressed upon me are --- I think she and I need to pray together every day. And I think we will try to sit together every day and read our Bibles - maybe each on our own, maybe sometimes out loud to each other. But I know that we both need to be consistent in putting His Word into our hearts and minds every day. And I think we need to make sure that every day we sit and talk about whatever she needs to talk about that day. Even if it is just a few minutes.

Well, that is what is on my mind this morning. Since there are no pictures to go with this topic, I think I will just post a couple of pictures from my computer. After all, a blog post needs pictures, right? I tried this morning to take some new pictures, but my camera battery seems to be dead.


These next two pictures I took in a photography class I recently went to with one of my daughters.


And now I think I am going to have another cup of coffee.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through the same sort of waking up often and being unable to get back to sleep. My Dr. put me on a very low dose of hormone replacement, and that seems to have helped that little problem. Talk to your Dr. and see what she recommends. Sweet dreams!

Anonymous said...

Tonight while I was in the shower your daughter was on my mind and then I came back to my computer and read this blog. Yes! That's the answer. I was thinking about her and asking God to give her something special; something fun; something different from the constant studying and work part of life. He may very well have an extra special blessing in store for both of you!
M

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Thank you for the very sweet comments that have been left about this post! I really appreciate it!

Shannon