Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What was I THINKING ???
Now I remember all the reasons WHY I hate painting. But the hope of a welcoming front porch, and the temporary insanity, umm, I mean enthusiasm that I felt when I read about Melissa's Project Procrastinator's Party caused me to have a misplaced sense of confidence.

When I got home about 12:30 today the sun was out for the first time in 1 1/2 weeks. So I thought I better take advantage of no rain while it lasted.

I forgot that I hate to tape things off, and I bought two colors of paint for my benches. I had the grand plan of spraying the metal black, and painting the wood parts with a different color. By the time I got around to the back with the tape, I decided I could just paint over any black that got onto the wood. By now I was too HOT to care all that much about a little over-spray. Ok, good, so no more taping! I mean, it's the back, right? (I should have just spray painted the whole stupid bench the same color!) Because I read your blogs, I had in my mind a story I recently read (can't remember where now) about one of you that used this Rustoleum outdoor metal spray paint - and how sticky it was on your bare feet. And how long you had to scrub to get it off.

So here is my solution to that. You can stop laughing now.

Well, the black is done. By the time I was done, I was so HOT I thought I might just expire right there. I mean, it IS 75 degrees outside today! AND I have a migraine! I have now taken a very long, VERY cool shower, and I have the air conditioning turned down to 65, and my ceiling fan on high. And a cold Vanilla Coke Zero. I am recovering from the heat stroke I had. And I have taken ibuprofen.

If you are really lucky, I might go back out there and paint the wood part of that bench with the nutmeg color I bought in time for the "After Party" on May 14.

But there is no stinkin' way that I am going to paint that second bench! It's just gonna have to rot where it is.

Shannon

2 comments:

trash talk said...

I spit coke at the screen when I saw your feet! OMG...Girl, it is a look! Not for everyone, but you certainly pulled it off. Then I get past needing to go pee and you hit me with "let it rot"! I'm not old enough for Depends yet, but this post made me wish I was wearing one!
Debbie

Jayne said...

I'm with Debbie! The white "shoes" nearly did me in! But, I'm going to hope to see a gorgeous brown and black bench soon - very soon!
I say you get your hubby to paint the other bench!
Jayne