Monday, June 23, 2008

I am in the process of re-decorating my scrapbook room / school room (we homeschool) / office. It has been the ugliest room in my house until now. I am trying to build up my ebay business so that it can become a part-time income for me so that I can quit my part-time job. So I want to use this room for my ebay "creating," scrapbooking, and for our homeschooling. Since it serves several purposes I think I may call it my "studio." Anyway, all that to say, I am re-decorating this room. And I thought I would show you some pictures of the progress.

My husband built three very tall bookshelves that I am painting creamy white. They will be side by side along one wall. And after they are in place my husband is going to nail trim on the fronts where they meet to cover the edges, and crown molding along the top - so when they are done it will look like a built-in wall of bookshelves. Between our school books, and all the other books we have had in this room, they will be pretty full. (We love books at our house - all three kids have bookshelves in their rooms that are full or overflowing; Greg and I have two bookshelves in our room; there are bookshelves in our den upstairs, and our family room downstairs.) So here they are in their current condition.



This is some of the molding.
This is a little pine table that I am also painting a creamy white. My scrapbooking Cricut is going to live on this table in my studio.
These pictures are a wall that is in progress. This window has some vintage jewelry and other things hanging on it - it will eventually have more pretties on it - and it may change periodically as I find new things that I want to hang. This will kind of be my bulletin board.

My sister gave me this wonderful candle holder for my birthday this year. It is one of my favorite things I have! It looks so pretty hanging by this old window.

I made these two little bulletin boards. And I made the thumb tacks by gluing old jewelry onto thumb tacks. Eventually there will be four hanging in a row - one with pictures of me and my husband, and one for each of my kids - all decorated similar to these two - and I will add a photo or two on each one. I am pretty happy with them so far. After I get all four up and photos on them I will post more pictures.

This is the corner of my desk. I like the look of this corner - the rustic quality of the girl, and the silver and bling next to her. This is the look and feel that I want this whole room to have.I will add more pictures as I get more done in this room. For now, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!

No comments: