Thursday, March 05, 2009

Cheap Curtains
When we moved into this house, I did not have a lot of money to spend on new decor. The black metal curtain rod and the black metal tie-backs were already on the sliding door. I did not like the curtains that the previous homeowners had up, so I got rid of them, but kept the hardware.
I bought two of the crinkly camel-colored panels, and two of the wine-colored beaded valances at Lowe's. Both the panels and the valances have a pocket to slide onto a rod, but I used ring clips to catch the top of both fabrics because I wanted to be able to easily slide them open and closed.


Sometime later I ran across the strings of beads. I just draped them around the ring clips. It adds a little more sparkle and interest to some otherwise plain window treatments.
And at Christmas (a year ago) I bought two tassels in the Christmas ornaments at Hobby Lobby for half off. I think I paid about $2 for each tassel. They added just a little more interest.
It was all cheap. And I have been happy with the results.


I have some windows in my house that are in desperate need of some interest and sparkle. I think my studio might be next. After all, that is Francesca's room. I just know that she would like pretty window treatments!

Shannon

4 comments:

Linda Q said...

You did a great job on those, creative!
Linda

Anonymous said...

I love your creativeness in making manufactured drapes your own look- great idea with the beads!!

Love the new light fixtures too!!

And I hope we will get to see what you will do with all those neat bottles you found!

Blessings
mary
mary

trash talk said...

Sounds like a good reason to go shopping at Bonne Volante! I love the window treatments you created...very clever. I use those clip thingys too. In fact, I bought a white painter's drop cloth, folded it over to make a valance, added vintage beading and uncut dressmakers tags to the fold, clipped it and put it on a rod! Cheap, cheap, cheap, but cute. Francesca might like that.
Debbie

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I love your curtain bling!
Great idea!!!!!!!