Monday, September 28, 2009

More Fall Porch Decorating

bh&g

I love the pumpkins and mums on the porch above. So easy, but so pretty. You could do this in an afternoon. Most grocery stores have mums already in a decorative pot - just purchase and place! And they have their pumpkins now, too.

And if you are a little more ambitious, how about scooping out your pumpkin and using it as the planter for your mums! This is so cute on the stone ledge. It would be cute along a deck railing or on your patio table, too.

bh&g

Or add some ornamental kale to the mix!

bh&g

Ok, so my front porch doesn't look as good as the inspirational pictures above.

Remember this little boxwood I planted for my front porch re-do in the summer? It was supposed to turn into this . . . Well, now it looks like this. Yeah, I killed it. So you see why I needed the inspirational pictures from Better Homes and Gardens.

Shannon

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Your lack of a green thumb is "in the genes." So sorry!

But, the other porches you are posting are really nice!!

Jayne