Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally Off My Treadmill!

Well, I finally feel like I can begin the month of January. I work part time at Hobby Lobby. So, of course, the months of November and December are insane. Because y'all are all in HL buying carts full of Christmas!

Then right after Christmas it all goes on clearance. So those first two weeks there is more insanity as Christmas goes on 80% and 90% off. Because y'all are all in HL buying carts full of Christmas!

Plus, throw in a four day trip to Texas over New Year's. (That was when we did Christmas with family, because we are not allowed any time off from HL until after Christmas.)

Then we started right into inventory. Can you imagine counting all that stuff at Hobby Lobby? Up and down 8-foot ladders a million times. And down on the floor to count the bottom two shelves. I have sore muscles where I didn't even know I had muscles. And for those two weeks I worked full time.

THEN, I left last Friday to go to the gift market in Dallas. We were at the market Friday through Monday, from 7:00 a.m. until about 6:00 p.m. every day. Walking and standing that whole time. My mom and I went together. So then, of course, we stayed up late - really late - till 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning - every night. And then got up at 6:00 and did it all over again.

I drove back home on Tuesday. I got to my house at 2:00 in the afternoon and had to leave my house at 2:30 to go to work at Hobby Lobby. And stand some more.

My body will never forgive me for the past two or three weeks of mistreatment.

But my mom and I both found WONDERFUL things at gift market. I can't wait till it all comes in. I am hoping to launch my new business in April. Is that pushing it? Hmm. Well, I will gear for April. And surely by May I will be there.

Francesca missed me while I was gone. I brought some new jewelry home for her. I will take pictures when I am able to move again.

I think I am going to go take some ibuprofen right now. And drink a Vanilla Coke Zero. My two favorite things.

I have MISSED y'all the last few weeks. I have only had time to read a few blogs here and there. I have been going through big withdrawal! Hopefully I am now off of this treadmill and can make my way around to you all on a regular basis again! And post regularly again!

So, now, let the fun begin!

Shannon

2 comments:

Jayne said...

So glad to have you back! Your last month sounds a bit "off the chart busy" but good!
Looking forward to checking out your new business in April or May!
Jayne

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog. You have been a busy lady. Good luck with your new business. laurie